The research and production of Nigeria Mining Week conference and technical workshops, which will be held in Abuja, Nigeria in October 2019, is now underway.
Now in its 4th year, the ONE event shaping the Nigerian mining landscape will capture the stories behind the successes as well as the complexities and the road blocks behind the status of the development of the mining sector in Nigeria.
It is designed specifically for all scale mining professionals to learn from the relevant key stakeholders and their peers how to best start up their activities as well as how to improve their operations, while providing direction for the future.
Top-level speakers from all key industry segments will present their views using case studies, in-depth sessions and interactive panels. The Nigeria Mining Week management team is constantly searching for speakers who can share new and innovative experiences and visions.
If you would like to participate as a speaker to share your experiences of a recent or on-going project or initiative, please SEND YOUR ABSTRACT NOW!
The provisional list of conference topic streams includes:
- Access to data
- Mineral identification
- Access to finance
- Investment opportunities
- Regulation at national vs. state levels
- Environmental impact
- Climate change and impact on production
- Testing and analysis
- Commodities review
- Future commodities
- Infrastructure and logistics chain
- Mechanisation of the mines
- Value addition and processing
- Export and access to markets
- Health and safety
- Formalisation of artisanal mining
- Capacity building
- CSI projects and communities
If there are any additional topics that would add value as workshops or seminars or any other suggestions regarding the program development or the speaker line-up, comments are welcome.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday 15th April 2019
To be involved as a speaker in the 4th edition of Nigeria Mining Week, please contact me at email@example.com
Please take notice of the following guidelines. Abstracts that do not comply with the guidelines cannot be taken into consideration.
- - Abstracts should be written in English.
- - Abstracts should not exceed 500 words.
- - The abstract should contain a title, author and full contact details
- - Sales pitches will not be accepted.
- - The paper should not have been presented before.
- - Please clearly indicate the appropriate session in which your paper belongs.
- - By submitting an abstract the author commits him/herself to submitting the final paper for the conference proceedings in time and to presenting the paper at Nigeria Mining Week 2019.
- - The abstracts will be evaluated by the conference committee and presenters will be informed of their acceptance on or before 30 June 2019